Skip to: main navigation | main content | sitemap | accessibility page

Telephone: 01749 830666
24 hour emergency pager: 07623 984669

Replacement or lost passports

It’s now easier for original passports to be traced…

With the introduction of the Central Equine Database CED last year, it is now much easier for original passports to be traced.

If you have a microchip number this can be entered into the CED (or Pet ID Equine website) and it will inform you of the passport issuer. You are then able to contact the breed society and purchase a duplicate passport. If the microchip search returns no results, then your vet can complete a new form with Pet-ID (or a breed society). If your horse has already been issued a passport the replacement can only be re-issued from the same passport issuing authority.

If you do not know the microchip number, you can bring your horse into the clinic or we can arrange a visit for them to be scanned (usual visit charges apply). You will then be able to use the CED and contact the passport issuer for a replacement. If the passport issuer cannot be located from the chip search then our vet will complete the ID form as usual.

Browse by category

Subscribe to our e-newsletter to stay up to date with our latest news, events, and upcoming special offers. Newsletters are sent out quarterly but on occasions we may vary from this frequency so you don’t miss out on any important news or offers.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.